A minor incident at The Dell Primary School, Chepstow occurred this morning when material adjacent to a wall-mounted heater overheated causing a considerable amount of smoke. Children and staff already on site at breakfast club were successfully evacuated in under two minutes and the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service attended promptly.
Children will be accommodated elsewhere in the building while work is undertaken to ventilate the area and remove the smell of smoke. Children will return to the area as soon as possible. No one was hurt or required medical attention.